We are a real estate firm with apartments in Nyali, Mombasa. We seek to recruit an Apartments Operation Supervisor who will be required to supervise & be responsible for the full operational status of the apartments as per the set standards & procedures.
The position requires an individual with an excellent level of commercial awareness, who can build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. Also responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to the General Manager/Directors and to help formulate solutions.
Reports to: General Manager and indirect report to Managing Director
Job Functions: Management, Leadership, Hospitality, Business Development, Public relations
Remuneration: Gross monthly salary of Ksh 50,000-Kshs.60,000
Duties and responsibilities
1. Fully responsible for all aspects at the apartments.
2. Support and work with Head Office and Directors in all aspects of running the apartments
3. Ensure the apartments are in operative condition to receive & serve guests.
4. Ensure standard operating procedures implementation and check the same during routine operational checks.
5. Inspecting all apartments on a daily basis for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
6. Monitor & co-ordinate departments for smooth & efficient operations.
7. Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
8. Monitor and maintain operational & overheads cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organization.
9. Assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
10. Data capturing in the company system on regular basis and preparing the necessary report for the purpose of decision making.
11. Reporting performance to the General Manager/Director on regular basis.
12. Prepare and present weekly and monthly sales and all other reports to the General Manager/ Directors
13. Obtain updated calendars of events from corporate and other organizations that plan ahead in order to follow up on future bookings in an effort to increase the apartments market share in the Hospitality industry.
14. Be available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any emerging problems or emergencies at the apartments
15. Any other duties assigned.
1. The job holder should be 30 years of age and above
2. Degree in Sales and Marketing, Tour and Travel or Hospitality Management
3. Must have a valid certificate of good conduct.
4. Must be Computer Proficient.
5. Must be fluent in written and spoken English, Swahili and an additional foreign language
6. Holders of Firefighting Certificate, First Aid among other short courses certificate will have an added advantage.
7. A least four years prior working experience
8. Customer relationship management skills
9. Excellent revenue management and generating skills with experience of budgets, P & L's and forecasting
10. Knowledge of social media marketing
1. Interpersonal skills
2. Leadership and management skills
3. High integrity level/trust worthy
4. Excellent communication skills and a pro-active nature.
5. Attention to Details
6. Problem solving ability
7. An excellent multi tasker/be flexible
8. Team player
9. Professional in appearance and presentation
10. Ability to work for extended periods of time
How to Apply
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses and day telephone contacts. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.