A systems/requirements analyst/architect is an individual who plays a crucial role in the systems development life cycle (SDLC) of a software project. The SDLC of a software project may include systems analysts, architects, designers, developers, and testers, playing separate but interlinked roles. However, at Sharks Web Services LTD, a systems/requirements analyst/architect performs the functions of an analyst, architect, designer, and tester.
We seek to recruit one additional member to our systems analysis/architecture team.
The successful candidate will gather software requirements, design, and test brand new systems that the company plans to develop and deploy and/or components of existing software whose functionality the company plans to modify and/or extend.
The successful candidate will act as an intermediary between system stakeholders (i.e., end-users of the system and/or the project manager) and software developers. By effectively communicating with system stakeholders and software developers, conducting thorough research, and applying his/her own business and technical knowledge, the systems analyst will produce a requirements specification document by:
● identifying user needs;
● analyzing, prioritizing, and documenting the user needs to come up with systems requirements; and
● designing the appearance (user interface), technical functionality, and error handling of the system.
The requirements specification document may consist of diagrams, graphical representations, use cases, storyboards, algorithm flowcharts, et cetera.
The systems architect will then present the requirements specification document to software developers for implementation. After the software developers implement the system, the systems architect will test the system to ascertain that it conforms to their requirements specification document. The systems architect will present any bugs identified from such testing to the software developers for rectification.
Education and Skills
■ A diploma or degree in any field. A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in computer science or a related field is an added advantage.
■ Excellent documentation skills. The ability to create neat, informative, and easy-to-understand reports, diagrams, graphical models, et cetera., is essential.
■ Great in mathematics.
■ Excellent problem-solving skills.
■ The successful candidate should possess a highly logical, investigative, and analytical mind.
■ Proactive and self-motivated. We are not looking for someone we will supervise as they work; instead, we are interested in an individual who will work under minimal supervision; an individual with a passion for software development, in general, and systems requirements analysis, design, and testing, in particular; an individual we will not always tell what to do, but who will not only advise us on what needs to be done, but they will also do what needs to be done within a reasonable timeframe.
■ A fast learner. Willingness and ability to research, learn, and apply new ideas quickly is extremely vital.
■ Attentive to detail. The ability to receive, decipher, process, break down, and explain complex technical information in a clear and non-ambiguous manner to non-technical individuals is important.
■ Excellent organizational and project management skills.
■ Above-average grammar skills.
■ Good team player.
Availability of Position
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please take the timed Systems/Requirements Analyst test whose link is provided below on Monday, December 7, 2020, at 1:00 PM East African Time (EAT). However, applicants are advised to register on our exam system immediately, so they do not waste valuable time registering on the system once the test kicks off at 1:00 PM. Instead, they will follow the link for the timed Systems/Requirements Analyst test, log in, and start taking the test.
Registration Link: https://test.sharkswebservices.com/candidate/register
Please take note of the following:
1. The interval of time between 1:00 and 2:05 PM EAT on Monday, December 7, 2020, will be the exam period. The test will only be accessible during the exam period. You can start taking the test any time within the exam period, but you must submit the test within 1 hour and before 2:05 PM EAT (both conditions must be met). The system will allow you to submit the test late, but we will not evaluate late submissions.
2. You must load the test link provided above to log in and access the test during the exam period. You cannot access the test by directly logging into the exam system.
3. All applications for this position must begin by taking the test. Applicants must not apply through other means, for instance, by sending application emails to email@example.com.
4. Applicants must not register on the exam system multiple times (even when applying for more than one position) or supply false information during registration.
5. If you encounter any challenges with our test system, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (this email address is manned by the technical team, whose only role is to help with technical issues; they may not respond to HR queries).
6. Although applicants can use a mobile phone device to take the test, we recommend using a desktop computer (PC) for an enhanced view.
7. If you do not meet the requirements stipulated above, please do not apply.
8. We always endeavor to contact all candidates who attempt our HR tests. However, when the volume of applications is overwhelming, we only contact shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us two months after taking the test, consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for your time and interest in working with us.