• Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
• 4+ year(s) work experience as a Recruitment Business Partner, Recruitment Officer, or similar role
• Understanding of full-cycle recruiting
• Hands-on experience with experiential candidate sourcing, interviewing, and selection
• Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, job boards, and online talent platforms such as LinkedIn Recruiter.
• Thorough knowledge of Kenya’s labor regulations, laws, and legislation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to network via social media and other professional platforms, like LinkedIn and others
• Organizational and time-management skills
Purpose of the Job
You will work closely with line managers, to identify human resources gaps, job requirements and determine qualification criteria for different roles ultimately ensuring that we attract, select, hire and onboard the best talent to meet our resource gaps, our long-term objectives and add to our culture. You shall also play the role of HRBP to the property operations business unit, as the primary HR contact and advisor to the unit.
Key result Areas/Key Responsibility Areas
• In collaboration with line managers. Identify current and future resource gaps and needs based on Acorn’s 5 year-strategy and build plans.
• Determine the optimal job advertising mix, including job boards, careers pages, and social networks
• Manage Acorn’s and Qwetu’s employer brand and craft a talent sourcing strategy to utilize both online and offline channels
• Host and participate in talent attraction and engagement events such as job and career fairs in collaboration with University Alliance to maintain an adequate talent pipeline
• Review job descriptions to ensure that the language used is inclusive and aligns with our employer brand
• Oversee/manage selection and recruitment process, managing stakeholders time efficiently (interview schedules, assessments, and panel sessions, etc.) ensuring a great candidate and line manager experience
• Track and report on relevant hiring metrics such as time to hire, offer acceptance rate, cost of hire, candidate experience, etc.
• Track and report on turnover and retention
• Manage the recruitment budget and report as will be agreed upon with the HRD
• Drive succession planning and internal promotion policies such as career pathing in collaboration with the HRBP/Learning & Development Officer.
• Build a deep understanding of our business (Investment, Development, and Property Operations) – strategies, goals, challenges, and capability gaps and provide unique and creative learning solutions to address gaps.
• With the understanding of the business unit, contribute to HR strategy, in terms of organization design,
• Work to support and empower line managers to manage HR matters, as a consultant and advisor and first point of contact
• Be a company culture and employee experience champion
• Monitor and report on key HR metrics for the business unit