To work closely with the partner, managers and other staff in the firm to serve individual and corporate clients in matters relating to Income tax, statutory deductions, VAT, WHT, Customs and Excise duty, and other taxes /levies.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Report to: Partner In charge Tax
Job Purpose Statement: To work closely with the partner, managers and other staff in the firm to serve individual and corporate clients in matters relating to Income tax, statutory deductions, VAT, WHT, Customs and Excise duty, and other taxes /levies.
Salary Range & Benefits: Commensurate with experience, standard firm benefits
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility for managing client portfolio and ensuring client service delivery;
• Ensure that all client assignments are well planned and conducted to the required standards, within agreed time and financial budgets and in adherence to the Firm’s approved procedures and methodologies;
• Management of staff in the tax department;
• Communicating risk strategy and policies for Tax;
• Participating in budgeting as well as monthly and year-end reporting;
• Debtor and WIP management;
• Responsible for implementation of the Tax strategy and overall firm strategy;
• Assessing the impact of changes in tax law and accounting principles on client business;
• Develop and manage sound business relationships, market the Firm with the aim of maintaining and winning new business;
• Keep abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
• Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department including training and overall guidance on different aspects;
• Responsible for supervising and coaching junior team members; and,
• Recruitment of staff in tax department subject to approval and participation in overall recruitment for the office.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Proven work experience and delivery excellence
• Excellent knowledge of tax laws and rules
• Strong in analytical thinking, attention to detail, organizational skills meeting deadlines, problem solving and work ethics.
• Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
• Strong leadership and personnel management skills
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal communication skills, with a strong emphasis on verbal and written communication;
Education and Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting finance, Law and or Higher Diploma in tax administration or the equivalent combination of education training and work experience.
• A Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications or pursuing completion of the professional courses (i.e. CPA, ACCA
• Public accounting firm or Revenue Authority experience is desirable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured