Job Title: Teacher
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Wages: Commensurate with experience
We are a fast-growing education company that provides education support for families and communities throughout Nairobi.
We enable children’s access to positive learning spaces while building meaningful, and professional employment opportunities for teachers. We are piloting an innovative home-schooling program for which we are looking for Teachers to place with families.
We are looking for a teacher to teach Year – 2 classes for an innovative home-school pilot. Class subjects include Arts, Health, Language, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. We have some resources and the candidate will work with us to develop learning resources and materials.
We are looking for someone who upholds progressive teaching practices and whose teaching values are aligned with piquing children’s curiosity and teaching them the love for learning.
Teachers that have strong levels of professionalism (ability to meet deadlines, manage work schedule, always arrive on time), have a strong work ethic, with a drive to grow professionally are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and prepare curriculum based on Year-2 curriculum standards (termly curricula plans with weekly or bi-weekly lesson plans)
- Create lesson plans, student assessments and weekly or bi-weekly objectives
- Prepare for each class in advance, including, preparing and organizing materials to meet class objectives
- Clearly communicate class objectives to students and ensure quality teaching of classes and that meet their learning objectives (includes starting and ending on time)
- Plan and conduct lessons for a balanced program that meets the learning objectives
- Assess, document, and report on the development of each child
- Set a positive example by practicing quality professionalism and creating a positive, fun and stimulating environment for students to actively engage in the learning environment
• Bachelor’s of Education degree
• Ideally three years of experience working as a teacher
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Knowledgeable and passionate about the job
• Ability to meet class objects
• A team player but also a self-starter
• Available professional references