Department: MPesa Engineering
Reports to: MPesa Engineering
Role Purpose: To build product flows and logic based on technical solution designs. To support the delivery of technical solutions that meet the M-Pesa business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the Global reference and MPA’s best standards.
The Tech Architect will liaise with all technical teams in order to understand the current best practices, and implement the new features defined within the assigned RTE.
He will also liaise with the product owners in order to advise on the best technical approach.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Work in close cooperation with Solution Architects to build the service logic based on high and low level technical designs;
- Technical risk/issue ownership and management/resolution during solution delivery;
- Collaborate with SCRUM master/Project Manager and members of Agile squad to ensure timely and accurate delivery of requirements;
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in IT or related field (essential);
- Fluent in English
- A problem-solving mind-set utilising technology
- Technical knowledge in: Unix based Oss (Admin level), Database Operations and Administration (Oracle), Cloud Computing, Unix based systems, JSON and SOAP APIs, Cryptographic algorithms, IP Networks
- Experience working with agile methodologies, methods and frameworks. i.e. Scrum or Kanban
- System / API Integration Experience (Tools like Apigee, Tibco, MuleSoft ESB, SSL Certificates or similar).
- Understanding of data structures, including XML, JSON, objects, and arrays.
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- 5 or more years of Testing experience across Functional, SIT, UAT Test Phases
- Desired: Degree in IT or relevant IT qualification
- Desired: ISEB Foundation
- Desired: SAFe Certified
Key performance indicators:
- Consistently performs the required level of testing across relevant phases as assigned by the MPA Test Manager
- Consistently identifies key defects across projects with allowing them to leak into production
- Works well with all parties, Test, Development and Business to ensure progress is understood and defects are driven to resolution swiftly
- Strong visionary skills thereby able to concentrate on testing with a business eye i.e. able to focus on priority scenarios and defects while still pushing for resolution of all open issues
- Strong team player within MPA Test ensuring innovation, continuous improvement and a drive to succeed
- Driving automation and CI/CD across the M-Pesa suite of applications
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.