Reporting to Tech Lead Revenue MGT and Financial Reporting, the position holder will oversee all planning and evolution initiatives for the systems within this domain. This will include systems in the following domains; Core CBS nodes and Pinless system. He/She will be in charge of evolution of the solutions in line with the business needs and responsible for implementation of the long lead projects. Another Key Focus will be Capacity Planning within the domains from projections to Capex justifications. The Tech Lead will also steer developing the skills of all engineers in this team. Has line management responsibilities and helps stimulate innovation, ensuring industry trends are being reflected.
- Financial management – CAPEX budget planning, vendor management, support contract compilation & monitoring.
- Operational Excellence & System Stability - Lead day to day planning and evolution delivery to ensure system stability KPIS are met.
- CBS system BCP and Quarterly Audits: Coordinate and work with the vendors and audit partners to carry out the BCP and system audit on a quartely basis and ensure the items picked are followed through to closure.
- Business delivery & Stakeholder management: Engage the business stakeholders to draw business needs in the roadmap and the same is delivered inline with the srategy of these business units.
- Strategy and evolution: Owns Strategy and evolution of Core CBS and Pinless systems and in charge of giving the roadmap in line with the business requirements and strategy. 3-5 Year IT Strategy Documented and Up-To-Date
- Program and Project Delivery; Responsible for implementation of long lead infra initiatives
- Foster Dev-ops within the chapter
- Project Commissioning - Have an E2E accountability as a gate keeper ensuring all new systems coming to the production environment meet production standards and have elements of BCP, Security, redundancy, and monitoring.
- Leadership & HR management -lead the adoption of AGILE delivery practices, ensure an engaged and motivated team. Build the skillset according to the fit for future program. Team performance management, Regular team and one-on-one engagements.
- Governance and compliance -Ensure that technical solutions are compliant to all documented Safaricom policies, meet all security standards and follow the change governance process.Knowledge and deployment of AGILE project delivery methods.
- BSc /B-Tech in computer Science/Electrical and communication/ Telecoms, Engineering or a similar field
- At least 7 years’ experience core Charging and Billing systems.
- Good at Crisis management
- Lead day to day Operations and ensure Business SLAs are met
- Professional Qualifications in I.T Infrastructure Governance
- Experience in managing big projects
- Experience in Strategy Formulation and roadmap definition
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Demonstrate excellent Planning and organizing skills
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Proven Track record in delivering results