Our client is a venture-backed technology company on a mission to increase restaurant contribution to Africa’s GDP. Across Nigeria and Kenya, thousands of restaurants use their platform to access inventory and financial services.
About the role
We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of computer science, excellent customer support fundamentals, and a genuine desire to grow. This job’s purpose is to provide support to the business operations through technology by providing standards, skills, experience & guidance in implementing the most efficient techniques to achieve the company vision & mission. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
Candidates based in Kenya/Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
● Identifying hardware and software solutions
● Identifying and supporting in the purchase of new technology equipment
● Troubleshooting technical issues
● Managing vendors and inventory for the technology department
● Diagnosing and repairing faults
● Resolving network issues and manage the internal call management system/ equipment
● Installing and configuring hardware and software
● Provide both onsite and remote technical & end-user support
● Following up with customers and staff to ensure the problem is resolved
● Replacing or repairing the necessary technical parts
● Supporting the roll-out of new applications
● Providing support in the form of procedural documentation
● Testing and evaluating new technologies
● Conducting electrical safety checks on equipment
● Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
● Strong networking skills, hardware, and software troubleshooting skills
● 4+ years working experience in a busy technical environment
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent critical thinking skills
● Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills
● Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
● A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
● Grow yourself, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we'll do what we can to help you do just that
● Flexible work hours - Pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It's about delivery!
● Opportunity to travel to interact with the product and our multi-cultural team