The Technical Advisor – Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical System Strengthening will lead and manage the Blueprint Program pharmaceutical system strengthening activities for the MoH at national and in the target counties. S/He will provide pharmaceutical system strengthening and other technical assistance to the MoH counterparts at the national MoH and in the target counties of Meru and Makueni. S/he will collaborate with and provide technical assistance and guidance to technical counterparts in the MoH (both at national and in the counties), and ensure the roll out of all activities aimed at strengthening the pharmaceutical and supply chain systems for NCD medicines and supplies for the target regions. The TA-PSS & SC will work closely with the Blueprint Program partners to review the harmonize activity implementation; monitor and evaluate performance; and disseminate results. S/He will assist the Principal Technical Advisor in strategic planning, risk mitigation, performance management and coordination of Blueprint Program activities.
Key result area include;
- Providing supply chain and pharmaceutical system strengthening technical assistance to the MoH and the target counties supported by the Blueprint Project.
- Contributing to the conceptualization and implementation of supply chain and pharmaceutical system strengthening activities for the MoH and Blueprint supported counties.
- Leading and participating in activities aimed at strengthening the supply chain and pharmaceutical system, including assessments, options analysis, operations research, strategic planning; and ensuring that findings, recommendations and planned interventions are all consistent with MoH and Blueprint objectives and priorities.
- Providing technical support to technical counterparts at the national level and in the focus counties in the implementation of planned activities and in the review of project deliverables.
- Participating and representing MSH in meetings with Blueprint partners, MOH Technical Working Groups and Committees (at national and county level), national and county level partners and collaborators.
- Participating in capacity assessments in the supply chain and pharmaceutical system collaborate with MOH (national and county level) to develop targeted capacity building material, strategies and implementation plans.
- Participating in the planning and delivery of supply chain and pharmaceutical system strengthening activities aimed at building the capacity of MoH counterparts, including development and implementation of various capacity building packages.
- Collaborating with stakeholders for the development, deployment and implementation of appropriate tools necessary to improve the supply chain and pharmaceutical system performance.
- Coordinating with the MoH (at national and county level and other collaborators in the design and implementation of supply chain and pharmaceutical system strengthening strategies
- Coordinating with other Blueprint partners in the planning and implementation of the supply chain and pharmaceutical system strengthening activities at national level and the target counties
- In coordination with the MSH staff and Blueprint partners, support the establishment of mechanisms for collecting relevant data to their established indicators. Also participating in program review activities and providing adequate recommendations.
- Supporting technical counterparts at national and county level, as well as other project staff in the adequate documentation and dissemination of supply chain and pharmaceutical system program results and lessons learned.
- Supervising and supporting implementation by the MoH counterparts to ensure adequacy of their performance and the continuous quality improvement at national and county level.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum Bachelor of Pharmacy with hands-on experience in supply chain system strengthening, rational use and pharmacovigilance. S/he should have a minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience in supply chain, pharmaceutical systems strengthening related projects, preferably with non-state actors and international donors such as the private pharmaceutical industry, WHO, USAID, Global Fund, UN and World Bank.
Experience in strengthening public sector supply chain and pharmaceutical systems is required.
The candidate should have Demonstrable managerial and supervisory skills.
S/he should have strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent computer skills in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
In addition, s/he should have ability to work independently and in Team, have good judgment for decision making.
The position requires 50% travel to county levels
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.