Our client is a company that distributes power generators within the East African region. With over 20 years in operation they one stop shop for a total engineered solutions that include Supply, design, project management, installation, commissioning and full after sales service. They are looking forward to filling a Technical Sales Engineer role. The ideal candidate will be accountable for development and implementation of sales strategies and tactics for the power generation products and solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Market & Industry Know-How - Possess current knowledge of the power generators in East Africa encompassing Industry segments of: Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, Food & Bev., Water & Wastewater.
• Customer Knowledge & Insight - Gaining insight in customer structures and organizations and identifying and following up on opportunities with customers.
• Customer Support - Understand customers’ requirements to propose suitable solutions. Provide technical and product support to end user customers and channel partners.
• Analyze customer needs and elaborating offers.
• Coordinate technical support for customers.
• Driving Growth - Develop and manage strong relationships with customers and channel partners to drive growth and achieve targets.
• Sales Funnel Pipeline Management - Develop a healthy pipeline of opportunities/inquiries and coordinate the preparation of quotes in response to customer inquiries.
• Competitor Awareness - Maintain technical and product expertise whilst having fair knowledge of competitive products and industry standards.
• Market Intelligence - Provide market intelligence including competitive, market trends to Management.
• Long-Term Business Relationships - Developing, maintaining and expanding lasting professional customer relations by means of regular customer visits and participation in customer events.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the technical sales, preferably in the fields of power generation.
• Previous experience in a technical engineering role.
• Knowledge in laws, rules and regulations, standards, safety, quality and environmental guidelines as far as applicable.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
• Business Course and/or master’s will be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills.
• The ability to talk to people from all social groups, including high end decision makers and to close deals.
• Well-presented and articulate.
• Ability to take the initiative.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Good persuasive and interpersonal skills.
*** Candidates residing in Mombasa County and its environs are highly encouraged to apply ***
MONTHLY GROSS SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th April 2021