Founded in 2012, Jibu is pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities in underserved, emerging market communities. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, economically independent franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment.
Empowered by a belief in the ability of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of young entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighbourhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources participate in emerging markets. For additional information, please visit: http://jibuco.com/
Location: Nairobi - Kenya
Reports to: Lead Technician
Jibu is looking for a motivated problem-solver ready to work as an Electrical technician in Jibu’s Production and Quality Department based in Nairobi Kenya. This technician will be responsible for training and overseeing operators as well as troubleshooting and maintaining the water treatment system. Additionally, the technician is responsible for enforcing quality control standards at all Kenyan franchises. Qualities valued for this position include problem-solving, proactivity, excellent communicator, and an entrepreneurial or adventurous spirit. The position opens a lot of opportunities for professional growth and exposure to the wider Jibu network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Install, maintain and troubleshoot water treatment systems and related technical equipment
▪ Implement and maintain operational preventive maintenance
▪ Train, evaluate and continuous development of local operators of the water treatment system
▪ Conduct root cause analysis and compile reports
▪ Organize regular electrical and electronic servicing
▪ Compile and submit regular reports on technical operations and KPIs
▪ Provide support for Jibu technical projects in Kenya
The qualifications evaluated include but are not limited to the following
▪ Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma and Polytechnic certificates may also be considered
▪ 2 years’ work experience in water treatment either of the following fields: mechanics, electricity, electronics
▪ Possess abilities of critical thinking and problem-solving both independently and as a team
▪ Proven capability to acquire new knowledge and skills diverse technical subjects quickly
▪ Likeable and an excellent written and oral communicator
▪ Ability to simplify complex concepts as well as train and inspire operators
▪ Language proficiency in English and Swahili required
Send CV or Resume and cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the position and what value your skills and experience will add to Jibu.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.