Job Duties and Tasks for: "Telemarketer"
1) Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service
2) Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to solicit sales for goods or services
products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
4) Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers.
5) Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
6) Adjust sales
scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
7) Obtain names and
telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone
directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other
8) Answer telephone
calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements.
9) Telephone or write Emails to
respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales
10) Maintain records of
contacts, accounts, and orders.
11) Schedule appointments to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.