Duties and Responsibility
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Contact potential or existing customers to inform them about a product or service.
- Answer questions about products or the company.
- Ask questions to understand customer requirements and close sales.
- Direct prospects to the field sales team when needed.
- Enter and update customer information in the database.
- Take and process orders in an accurate manner.
- Handle grievances to preserve the company’s reputation.
- Go the “extra mile” to meet sales quota and facilitate future sales.
- Keep records of calls and sales and note useful information.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
The job holder must possess:
- Must have a diploma in sales and marketing.
- Proven experience as a telesales representative or other sales/customer service role.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota preferably over the phone.
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems.
- Ability to learn about products and services and describe/explain them to prospects.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.