The emergence and proliferation of Covid 19 cases across the globe has been a clear indication that more efforts need to be put in place with regards to disease surveillance. Though in a lesser margin, Kenya has still experienced challenges as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic. It is in this regard that the Ministry of Health, through the Division of disease surveillance and epidemic response have collaborated in a disease surveillance project where the aim is to develop data visualizations aimed at disseminating information pertaining to Covid 19 in the country for evidence based decision making.
Overall Objective of the HIS Software Developer
Our project is looking to recruit a full time Project Systems Developer who will be responsible for the development, training and maintenance of dashboards for the project. The terms of reference for the position are;
● Collaborative development of the software requirements for the Dynamic & Integrated COVID19 Dashboard.
● Collaborative design of an intuitive Dynamic COVID19 dashboard.
● Working with the Disease Surveillance team to map the data sources for the dashboard indicators.
● Development of a web-based Dynamic COVID19 dashboard applying different visualization techniques.
● Maintaining the developed COVID19 Integrated county dashboard to ensure it’s up to date, and additional indicators can be dynamically added.
● Develop, review and maintain up to date system documentation and training materials.
● Supporting training of the national and the county teams on use of the dashboard.
● Integration of the dashboard application within the dhis2 based reporting system.
● Provide technical support to COVID19 related systems integration.
Skills & Requirements
● Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
● 3+ years of experience building rich web applications.
● Expert knowledge of DHIS2 customization and implementation
● Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS).
● Experience with design and development of Web APIs, and working with REST Web APIs and JSON.
● Demonstrate proficiency in data analytics and skills in data presentation, and visualization, and use of data visualization platforms (PowerBI, Tableau)
● Strong skills in modern design tools.
● Expert knowledge of relational database management systems and no-SQL databases
● Good team leader and team player.
● Excellent, analytical and problem solving skills.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● A sense of curiosity to question, learn and share knowledge.
● Self-drive to produce work you are proud of.