1. JOB/ POSITION TITLE
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
2. DEPARTMENT AND DIVISION
SALES AND MARKETING DEPARTMENT
3. ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TO:
HEAD OF SALES
4. POSITIONS REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER:
5. JOB SUMMARY
The ideal candidate will be responsible for
1. Building out our sales strategy, sales projection reports, and sales pipeline.
2. Monitoring sales performance with the goal of expanding our market share.
3. Collaboratively coordinating with distributors and internal sales team( and thus one is required to be collaborative in nature to succeed in this coordination)
4. Developing sales targets and taking responsibility for the department’s performance
6. AUTHORITIES ASSIGNED
7. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Business Degree in a relevant field (Sales, Marketing)
• Minimum 3-4 Years’ experience in a similar position in the FMCG category
• Professional qualification in a related field would be an added advantage
• Computer Literacy with knowledge in CRM systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES(State skills, abilities & traits required)
1. Team management/Leadership skills with effective coaching skills (Emotional Intelligence, prudence, courage, conflict management, social intelligence).
2. Dynamic, analytical and self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure and who has a passion for good work; a team player and an achiever in a competitive and a fast-moving working environment
3. Sales management skills and master of execution-“ expert Salesman”
4. Adequate asset management skills
5. A Hardworking, strategic minded individual with excellent communication(both verbal and written), interpersonal skills ;presentation skills and Time Management skills
6. Creative and innovative
7. High degree of integrity and strong ethics
8. Conflict management and Problem-Solving (Sound judgment, listening skills, patience to find origin of the problem, ability to dissect the problem to make an informed decision).
9. Report writing/Data Analysis
Computer literate with ability to use MS office suite and Driving skills (holder of a valid driving license class BCE).
8. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
REGULAR DUTIES AND PERIODIC DUTIES.
a) REGULAR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and implement the Area sales Strategy in line with the overall business strategy.
2. Coordinate Sales, Marketing and distribution activities within the territory; e.g. ensure promotions are implemented effectively
3. Monthly performance reports, comparative reports, Trends analysis, Client Status Reports and new clients, Sales projections; Manages and measures sales targets daily and takes corrective action.
4. Develop and Implement RTM capabilities and capacity roadmap across the sales team and distribution systems to fully exploit market potential`
5. Analyzing data to determine the most effective sales and marketing techniques.
6. To ensure smooth and efficient operation of the sales and marketing department through coordination and cooperation within departments for achievement of the expected sales targets and safety of company property according to company’s policies and procedures.
7. Maintain solid working relationships with customers by ensuring that their needs are meet and resolving complains in a timely manner. Attending to customer queries on company products, e.g. SKU’s and other sister company products.
8. Traveling throughout an assigned territory to train and guide company sales reps.
9. Supports the front line staff in building strong relationships with each customer by:
i. Identifying business growth opportunities – (master of execution and brings a different perspective to identify opportunities sales staff may have missed)
ii. Solving problems and removing obstacles for respective territories
iii. Motivates & inspires sales reps to achieve results.
iv. Hands-on coach in the trade building capability and helping identify opportunities
v. Builds a vibrant, energized team through dynamic ‘rallying’ leadership style (regular team meetings )
vi. Master Coach to drive brilliant execution against standards.
vii. Develops great relationships within the organization
10. Recommends & implements Internal Controls e.g. staff attendance, budgets, prudent use of allocated resources etc.
11. Develop Account Plans and supervise key accounts within your territory
12. Business Development – expand new channels, products and markets, monitoring pipeline, modalities of increasing average sales, while observing strict deadlines
13. Obtain knowledge of competitor activities and market insights to adjust sales tactics and strategies; Identifies competitor activities and develops and implements response tactics.
14. Managing and Updating Customer Data Base
15. Route Optimization, Structuring, and Mapping.
16. Monitoring and ensuring customer payments and collection of accounts are in a timely manner.
17. Monitoring the implementation of new products e.g. proposed incentives and commissions to sales crew, sales reps, as well as distributors, etc.
18. Training, needs assessment and planning of the team
19. Being an ambassador of our company and brands
20. Any other duties that may be assigned by the management
a. Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by developing sales methodologies that persuade customers to purchase our various products.
b. Opening up new routes at designated territory.
c. Building an effective sales team under designated territory
d. Prospecting-recruiting of new customers and new sales channels
9. ANY OTHER FACTORS:
1. The job requires flexibility –may involve irregular working hours,
2. Job requires working in varying locations.