The Kisumu National Polytechnic invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the above vacant position. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
10. Textile Processing Technician:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervision of creative practices undertaken by students and others (e.g., Fabric Lab users), as required, in workshops, and in such other areas as defined and/or delegated.
• Supervision of specialist areas and processes within department, to ensure: safe and competent practices; organised and efficient workshop/studio environments; student access to materials within the precepts of departments learning materials policy; and the appropriate use of equipment and space.
• Practical and technical support for individual and groups of students in their learning through creative practice.
• Develop, support and deliver a list of demonstrations in technical skills, process and the use of specialist equipment or software at variable degrees of competence, from introductory to advance.
• Develop and sustain own skill base, supported by the school, to ensure currency with contemporary and traditional techniques and familiarity with new equipment and processes. Work with the Resources Manager and Programme Directors to enable the application of new knowledge to demonstrations and student support.
• Maintain an informed list of the specific materials required per student for each of the demonstrations offered. Source, review and advice on costs.
• Ensure that all equipment within the area/s of responsibility are in place and functioning effectively and safely.
• Ensure that sufficient materials for student use are held in stock or can be accessed within a reasonable timeframe.
• Within established collage policies, organise the purchasing of replacement or new materials sufficient for the anticipated delivery of the curriculum, within budget allowances set.
• Maintain knowledge of the requirements of each module for which access to workshops is needed, to ensure that demonstrations can be tailored to the anticipated learning outcomes.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Technology, Textile Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Minimum of one year working experience in a textile industry and/or teaching in textile institutions.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who strictly meet the requirements are invited to visit the institutions website and strictly submit their applications online via the following link:https://forms.gle/xd1MGHPJ6L4St4qYA and fill the required details and submit your application.
You will also be required to upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly quoting the subject area you are applying for in the subject line and explaining your suitability against the essential criteria on the job profile. Applications close on Friday 2nd December 2022
The cover letter should be clearly addressed to:
The Chief Principal/Council Secretary
The Kisumu National Polytechnic
P.O. Box 143- 40100, Kisumu.
The Kisumu National Polytechnic is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth and persons living with disability are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured