The Kisumu National Polytechnic invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the above vacant position. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
12. Textile Weaving Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing training for trainees and preparing training materials.
• Performing preventative maintenance, repair and overhaul of the nationally important historic textile machinery held in the collections including assistance with the movement and storage of machinery
• Operating and maintaining hand and power looms.
• Supervising the Technical Demonstrator and activities as required for the benefit of institute.
• Evaluating, identifying and selecting yarn from suppliers.
• Maintaining accurate documentation and records for work completed, usually on computers.
• A minimum of Bachelor Degree in fields related to Textile engineering, manufacturing and technology or related to TVET in weaving technology.
• Certification in teaching methodology/pedagogy.
• Minimum of one year working experience of operating and maintaining weaving machinery preferably in a textile and apparel industry and/or teaching experience in TVET program/or in Manufacturing sectors.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who strictly meet the requirements are invited to visit the institutions website and strictly submit their applications online via the following link:https://forms.gle/xd1MGHPJ6L4St4qYA and fill the required details and submit your application.
You will also be required to upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly quoting the subject area you are applying for in the subject line and explaining your suitability against the essential criteria on the job profile. Applications close on Friday 2nd December 2022
The cover letter should be clearly addressed to:
The Chief Principal/Council Secretary
The Kisumu National Polytechnic
P.O. Box 143- 40100, Kisumu.
The Kisumu National Polytechnic is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth and persons living with disability are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured