Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Training and Development Supervisor
In this role, you will be a key member within the Human Resource Department and will report directly to our Human Resource Manager. The Training and Development Supervisor is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization's employees. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
Your primary responsibilities will be as below but not limited to:
- Analyze employee training needs and develop training programs as needed or modify existing programs to meet specific staff needs.
- Establish a detailed annual training budget for each organization or department.
- Plan and implement staff development and training programs using a variety of methods that may include demonstrations, conferences, classroom training, meetings, workshops and on-the-job training.
- Evaluate current training programs and instructor training methods to identify weaknesses or shortcomings and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Train supervisors and instructors to help them learn the skills and techniques they need to deal with employees and provide effective training sessions.
- Develop procedures for evaluating and testing staff, including new hires.
- Discuss training needs and goals with management on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis to establish training needs based on projected changes, production processes and other factors.
- Develop training and educational materials for current staff and new hires, including visual aids, multimedia tools, training booklets and more.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Proficient in MS Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Analytical thinking.
- Attention to Detail.
- Bachelor's degree social sciences or any related field.
- 3+ years of training experience
- Location: Nairobi, with travel to the farm in Homabay.
- Status: Full time
- Salary: Competitive, based on experience