Position: TRANSPORT (FLEET) AND LOGISTICS MANAGER -VERY URGENT (FOR A FMCG COMPANY) -READVERTISED
Employer: A LARGE FMCG MANUFACTURING AND DISTRIBUTION COMPANY
Ref No: SGK-T (F) &LM-09-2021
Industry: MANUFACTURING AND DISTRIBUTION
Job Category: MIDDLE MANAGEMENT
• Diploma or degree in logistics management, transport management or other related field.
• At least 5 years working experience as a transport/fleet or logistic manager or both in a large and busy FMCG manufacturing and distribution company dealing with both company and contracted means of transport.
Salary: KSHS. 80,000 - 120,000
Transport/fleet and logistics manager duties are as follows: -
• Fleet management especially follow up on delivery vehicles cost-effective route planning. Coordinating all dispatch activities.
• keeping up to date vehicle records- maintenance records and service time, accidents, vehicle ancillaries.
• Vehicle documents-insurance, inspection stickers, speed governors, branding licenses, distribution licenses etc.
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDES: -
• Ensuring vehicles are clean all the time. Ensuring motor vehicle handover list and procedures are followed adequately.
• Drivers and assistants code of conduct and sops are followed.
• Follow up any disciplinary and staff issues for all drivers and their assistants.
• Ensure drivers and assistants are conversant with all delivery documentation and what they are supposed to bring back from deliveries and to who.
• Monitor if there is carrying of unauthorized goods by drivers from safari and or syphoning of fuel.
• Generate weekly/monthly management reports e.g. on vehicle performance among others.
• Give way forward by generating quarterly departmental plans and strategies to improve overall efficiency.