TRAVEL AGENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning and selling transportation, accommodations, insurance and other travel services.
• Cooperating with clients to determine their needs and advising them appropriate destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs and accommodations.
• Providing relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc) to travelers.
• Book transportation make hotel reservations and collect payment/fees.
• Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages.
• Market the business online by using all available legal means.
• Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds.
• Attend travel seminars to remain updated with tourism trends.
• Enter data into our software and maintain client files.
• Manage the office and run other duties
• Network with our operators
• Maintain statistical and financial records
• Meet profit and sales targets.
• Proven work experience as a Travel Agent.
• Excellent knowledge of computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travelling
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili; multilingualism is a plus
• Strong sales skills and commercial awareness.
• Sound knowledge of domestic and international travel trends.
• Certificates, Diploma or Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field.
If interested send your CV.