Department: Operations- Logistics Division
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Direct Reports: Loaders
Job Level: 4- Operations
Summary of Role
Under the general guidance of the Operations Department and within the limits of Takataka Solution Policies and procedures, to ensure timely, accuracy and completion of duties as required.
Drive / Operate company vehicles in a safe, responsible and efficient manner; making error free collection of waste from our clients and delivering it in full and on time to our facilities. Ensure that vehicle upkeep and maintenance is in accordance to company standards.
1. Drive assigned vehicle in a safe and efficient manner to minimize risk of accident, property damage and loss of life.
2. Collect waste from customers and deliver in full and on time to the designated facilities as per the collection notes.
3. Oversee the loading of waste onto the assigned vehicle and ensure that the loaded amount is accurately recorded in the Driver Collection Note, where you shall sign as confirmation of collection.
4. Perform daily safety and maintenance checks before leaving the parking premises to ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and in good operational condition.
5. Confirm that the assigned vehicle has sufficient fuel for the intended collection and/or deliveries before leaving the parking premises.
6. Perform daily checks before leaving the parking premises to confirm that all vehicle documentation, certificates and licenses as required by law are in the vehicle and are valid.
7. Report any maintenance, repairs, breakdowns or accident to the mechanic as soon as possible through the designated reporting channels (WhatsApp group).
8. Observe courtesy when communicating with customers, government officials and the general public as a representative of the company to ensure that the company’s professional image is conveyed.
9. Safeguard the assigned vehicle and parts thereof
10. Safeguard the goods in transit and pertaining documentation
11. Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and well maintained
12. Take group photos for team members, with time and GPRS stamp at the beginning and completion of every shift and share the same in the relevant platform (Attendance Management WhatsApp group)
13. Ensure that, and at all times while on duty, you together with your team members are adorned in the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) only. These shall not be mixed with any other clothing.
14. Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
1. High level of integrity - behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner, showing consistency in words and actions and modeling high ethical standards
2. Excellent routes and regions orientation - should be well conversant with Nairobi region /routes/ roads.
3. Professional appearance
4. Proven vehicle control precision
5. Excellent knowledge and adherence to traffic laws and driving requirements
6. Ability to see details at close range as well as at a distance
7. Strong interpersonal and time management skills
8. Quality customer and service oriented
9. Strong communication skills - verbal and written skills
10. Deductive reasoning
Knowledge and Skills
1. Hold a valid driving license
2. Accident free/ NIL criminal record
3. Able and willing to travel across the designated regions
4. A minimum of Secondary School Form 4 certification
5. At least 1-year experience in driving trucks
6. Sound knowledge of motor vehicles and basic mechanical checks
7. Sound knowledge of state requirements, traffic rules, policies and procedures to observe road safety and security
Salary is Gross of 23,000 + allowances
Female drivers are encouraged to apply