We are looking for a competent well-rounded entry-level IT person to with 2-years experience in end-user support, endpoint hardware, software and networks troubleshooting, and basic project management skills.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
We are looking for a competent well-rounded entry-level IT person to with 2-years experience in end-user support, endpoint hardware, software and networks troubleshooting, and basic project management skills. You will work with the ITO Endpoints and Service Desk teams to facilitate support of IT endpoints. You will report to the Kenya Country IT Operations Lead and will work onsite at the Kakamega Headquarters.
Country IT Operations and Management
- Develop and adhere to Country IT Operations policies.
- Resolve up to Tier 2 Technical (endpoints, networks, data, and voice accounts) incidents and service requests within the specified Service level agreements.
- Comply to endpoints (laptop and tablets) and networks processes.
- Implement IT support services (e.g. endpoint maintenance, inventory data cleanup, and performance testing).
- Manage medium-complexity projects, potentially spanning multiple countries.
- Deliver high-quality IT projects.
- Independently define project scope, milestones, and timelines.
- Follow Tech standard Project Management Professional (PMP) principles.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improvement through automation and cost reduction.
- Manage Country IT Operations core metrics within country unit: tracking, accuracy, and improvement.
- Plan and ensure adherence to long-term calendaring for Country IT Operations projects, reporting, and activities.
- People Management
- Manage 1-3 direct reports aiding their professional development and sustainability.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related course.
- 1+ years of experience in IT end-user support, software, hardware and network support.
- Familiarity with Windows and Android endpoint deployment systems.
- Data analytics skills.
- Inventory management skills.
- Analytical problem solving and problem management skills.
- Incident management skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles and devices power ratings.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
1 December 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.