Assist in underwriting and risk assessment within the set standards of service to ensure quality and timely service.
Responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience at the Britam branch level and putting the needs of every customer at the heart of every decision-making process.
1.Review all applications for insurance – determine the profiles of risks presented to the company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise;
2.Prepare quotations as per authority matrix;
3.Custodian of underwriting documents e.g.Comesa cards
4.Conduct Risk surveys for small risks as per authority matrix;
5.Prepare and issue certificates and cover notes where necessary;
6.Ensure timely preparation and dispatch of policy documents including valuation reports, debit, credit notes & endorsements and authorising them within agreed and set authority limits;
7.Implement credit control policy and ensure that premiums are debited and collected as required;
8.Ensure receipting of premium collections, daily banking as well as preparation of premium reports for all lines of business as applicable;
9. Review and communicate renewal terms, ensure renewal notices go out on time and follow up renewals to ensure high retention rate;
1. Conduct 1st level underwriting of new business /by carrying out completeness and accuracy checks to ensure data was captured accurately in the application and systems;
2.Scanning and indexing of customer instructions;
3.Receipting(cheques/standing orders/check offs) and posting payments in LOB system;
4.Preparing Daily Premium reports;
5 .Advise Policy Administration on dishonoured cheques and write letters to customers regarding the same;
6.Processing refunds/cancelled policies/deductions after maturity, claims and surrenders;
7.Forward issued applications to registry;
8. Hold briefing the event the customer service assistant is absent by performing that role/tasks.
9.Performany other duties as may be assigned from time to time
10. Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix
11. Prepare quotations in collaborations with the CSE
12. Drive customer self service by encouraging all walk-in clients to sign up to the customer portal and offer necessary support.
13. Ensure business retention by taking initiative to conserve cancellations and surrenders before processing customer instructions.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
Bachelor’s degree (insurance option preferred)
At least one year experience in the insurance industry