Department Corporate Support Services
Division Information and Communication Technology
Location /Work Station Nairobi, Times Tower
The job holder is responsible for;
- User Interface Design and User Experience Design
- Review of Application interfaces for usability improvement
- Development of new user interfaces for systems that automate business processes and maintenance of existing
- Providing continual UI/UX improvements to systems and supporting systems by ensuring that solutions designed to address business needs meet the required quality standards.
- Developing User Interfaces for new systems as per the Requests for Change(RFC’s) and in line with procedures and standards
- Coordinating with developers and UI designers
- Performing usability tests on applications
- Responsible for Hands-on design and delivery of UI/UX application design work
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Develop the information architecture of digital products
- Develops new systems to automate business processes in conformity with design artefacts contained in System Change Requests (SCRs)
- Conducts peer reviews and unit tests of developed solutions to guarantee quality before final submission to Quality Management
- Prepares documentation (User manuals, Technical manuals, deployment instructions, roll back instructions, etc) to ensure that they meet set quality standards
- Ensures that solutions that have been developed are properly packaged and that all the components and requisite documentation are included in the package, for submission to Quality Management.
- Ensures that the approved coding standards are consistently applied in every solution developed.
- Participates in system demonstration, and ensures issues arising in demos are addressed.
- Addresses issues that arise during deployment of the newly developed solutions in the QA test environment.
- Resolves issues arising from QA tests, for solutions that do not pass QA standards and Information System Security policies.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- UI/UX training/Certification
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
- Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must:
Proven experience in User Experience (UX) design including
- Customer and competitor analysis
- User research on interacting with systems
- Information architecting
- Prototyping and wire-framing
- Testing and iterating
Proven experience in User Interface (UI) design including
- Visual design
- Colour, typography, and layouts
- Design research
- Interactivity and animation
- UI prototyping
- Proven skills in Oracle development and database management tools
- Proficiency in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Expert knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience
- Required Proven experience in User interface/User Experience design, development and implementation of enterprise business systems.
- Experience in design and development of systems for tax administration will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a UI/UX designer and software developer in a busy organization.
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours within constraints.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 2nd December 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)