To actively seek and engage customers prospects. To generate and follow up on sales lead. Make product sales presentations, and marketing additional products to interested buyers. Negotiate pricing with customers. Processing payments, issuing receipts, and assisting customers who experience problems with products they have purchased.
- K.C.S.E/Certificate/Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Purchasing and supply management.
- A minimum of 3 years in sales and distribution within the FMCG Industry.
- Possession of a clean and valid driving license.
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Customer service skills.
· Listening and negotiation kills
· Meeting sales goals
· Good Presentation and presentable personality skills
· High motivation for sales
· Ability to meet all assigned deadline
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to work in a challenging and competitive environment
· Problem solving skills
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Keeping in contact with existing customers in person and by phone.
· Making appointments with and meeting new customers.
· Meeting allotted monthly sales targets.
· Promoting new products and any special deals.
· Recording orders and sending details to the sales office to coordinate dispatch.
· Answering customer’s questions about credit terms, prices and availability of goods.
· Visiting existing and potential clients to evaluate their needs.
· Servicing of all customer outlets and adherence to journey plan.
· Recruiting new outlets.
· Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales target.
· Enhance product awareness, promotions, advertising, branding and initiatives to effectively achieve increased sales.
· Keeping count of every item in the van.
· Maintaining existing customers and recruiting new potential customers.
· Responsible for conducting daily reconciliation upon return from the field every evening.
· Loading and offloading goods in the van.
· Daily transfers of stock from the warehouse to the van every morning.
· Identifying business opportunities with current and prospective customers.
· Monitoring competitors by gathering current marketplace information on pricing and new products and delivery schedules.
· Maintaining inventory by conducting monthly physical counts and reconciling variances.
· Maintaining positive business relationships with customers to ensure future sales.
· Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems and developing solutions.
· Inform regular customers of new products and price changes.
- Checking engine oil on daily basis.
- Ensures availability of all the required driving documents including driving license and insurance cover.
- Driving and observing all traffic rules.
- Cleaning of the van.
- Work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Complete daily maintenance checks on van and notify the sales manager of any issues.
Perform any other duty as may be assigned.