• Driving a van and selling products to customers.
• Delivering purchase orders and informing existing customers of new products.
• Increasing sales by promoting products and analysing competitor behaviour.
• Signing sales contracts, taking purchase orders, and collecting payments.
• Accounting for the safe and timeous delivery of purchased products.
• Maintaining sales and delivery records, as well as meeting sales targets.
• Liaising with other departments to ensure optimal customer services.
• Preventing damage to the delivery van and the company products being transported.
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the interior and the exterior of the van.
• Performing basic van maintenance tasks, such as checking tire pressure, and gas and oil levels.
Van Salesman Requirements:
• Must have a valid driving license minimum of 3 years and a clean driving record.
• Must have experience in driving a manual car.
• Must have food handling certificate.
• Must have a good conduct certificate.
• Exceptional ability in meeting sales targets.
• Education qualifications is form four certificate.
• Extensive experience in identifying new customers and negotiating deals.
• Ability to assume responsibility for the delivery van and the products.
• Experience in recordkeeping and managing sales contracts.
• Working knowledge of basic van maintenance.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.