DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE, TECHNICAL & VOCATIONAL TRAINING
Directorate of Technical and Vocational Education and Training
1. Vocational Training Centre Trainers Job Group H – (55 Posts)
Duties and responsibilities
• Giving theoretical and practical instruction in the area of specialization;
• Preparing and maintaining schemes of work, lesson plan, teaching and learning materials and trainee records;
• Carry out trainee assessment;
• Ensuring proper care and maintenance of tools and equipment;
• Conducting co-curricular activities;
• Maintain trainee discipline, guidance and counselling;
• Monitoring trainees on field work, industrial attachment and compiling progress reports;
• Participate in preparation of departmental budget;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must;
• Have a relevant Diploma in the Technical field from a recognized institution.
• Have a Minimum 3 years working experience as a Trainer in a Vocational Training Centre.
• Have proficiency in Computer applications.
• Must be registered by Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVETA).
• Diploma in Technical Education from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
• KNEC/ NITA Examiner or Supervisor will also be an added advantage.
• Demonstrate professional competence in any of the following technical fields offered in Vocational Training Centres:
o Electrical and Electronics Technology/ Electrical Installation/ Electrical Wireman
o Motor Vehicle Technology/ Mechanics/ Automotive Engineering
o Appropriate Carpentry and Joinery
o Metal Processing Technology/ Welding & Fabrication
o Fashion Design & Garment Making/ Tailoring/ Dress Making
o Information Communication Technology
o Agribusiness/ Horticulture/ General Agriculture
o Plumbing & Pipe Fitting
o Food and Beverage/ Food Processing Technology
o Building & Construction Technology/ Masonry
o Hair Dressing & Beauty Therapy
o Business Technical education
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300