We are looking to recruit community mental health volunteer facilitators across Kenya to work within their communities.
You will be part of the whole community interventions team in project MAISHA, and in your role, you will be helping individuals and groups, to gain confidence and be empowered to make their voice heard on issues concerning their overall well being.
As a community facilitator, you would be involved in setting up and coordinating mental health support groups and individuals across the community. In addition, you will become a point of reference for any community members in need of mental health services.
We will give:
• Full training & access to e-learning materials.
• Support & supervision.
• References as required.
• Opportunity to develop positive relationships with individuals and organizations across the community.
• Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses.
• Commissions on successful patient onbaording.
• Excellent communication & listening skills
• Experience and understanding of facilitating group work
• Able to relate to people from all backgrounds
• Understand the importance of confidentiality
• Ability to remain non-judgemental
• Good organizations skills
• Good knowledge of IT (Microsoft Word and using email)
• This role requires from you 6 hours per week, mainly week’s days
About the Opportunity:
We encourage current health workers i.e. nurses, CO's, etc to apply.
Current community health volunteers are also encouraged to apply.
You will be working through our USSD system *483*90# it is expected you will have interacted with the system by the time of application.