Pizza House Restaurant is Mogadishu’s entirely rooftop dining Restaurant. It’s located in an accessible place in the city. An ideal place for every person where you can enjoy panoramic view of the city, a night at Pizza House Restaurant will have you basking in the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of our Rooftop setting. But it's not all about location - here at Pizza House we have forged a reputation as one of Mogadishu’s top restaurants. We believe in using only the freshest ingredients, the most talented chefs and waiting staff of the most professional standard. Be prepared to be properly taken care of by our outstanding staff whilst you enjoy our delicious cuisine.
We are still in this ever-competitive food business and have upgraded our services for the best of our clients who have supported us all these years. Our business has grown despite having many challenges. We are proud to say that we have created a strong bond with our clients.
Overview of Position
We are seeking to recruit an experienced head of waiters that undertakes and acts as the head of waiter for Pizza House Restaurant. The length of this contract is one year starting from November 2021 to November 2022 with possible extension depends on satisfactory.The occupant of this position shall be responsible for Contributing to meet and maximize the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet.
This contract receives day-to-day and week-to-week oversight from restaurant supervisor; he/she will be also expected to play leadership and supervisory role.
• Work in close cooperation with the Kitchen and Stewarding as well as the Outlet Cashiers to ensure a smooth-running operation
• Assisting in the running and execution of all functions and events within the Restaurant.
• Ensure the proper appearance and grooming of assigned employees
• Work towards the timely set up of the assigned Food & Beverage outlet, according to the meal settings and in line with the opening hours
• Delivering outstanding customer service to guests and ensuring that all requests are met and satisfaction is achieved.
• Overseeing the Conference and Banqueting waiters and assigning them daily tasks
• Handle the welcome of arriving guests and their seating through the hostess and take over, if she is not available
• Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with the outlet patrons to ensure their well-being
• Familiar with the outlet’s menu, promotional activities and other relevant issues concerning the outlet and the hotel
• Working alongside other hotel departments to ensure all events run smoothly and as per guest requirements
• Contribute to meet and maximize the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a diploma / degree in the hospitality field or a maximum of Five years (5) experience in a similar role. You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English and a wide familiarity with Micros would be desirable. Previous experiences in leadership and supervisory roles are a definite plus.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a well presented and groomed individual with an outgoing and friendly attitude and a high aptitude for customer care. You are a hands-on and proactive person with a charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
• Effective Communication
• Planning for Business
• Supervising People
• Understanding Differences
• Supervising Operations
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
How to apply
Applicants can send their CV and Cover Letter via "Apply Now Button" and state the position applied for from 14th September to 20th October 2021. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements