- Attending pre-shift and general meetings to update knowledge of special offers and stock-related issues, and to discuss service and product matters.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Inform guests of special offers and stock shortages before they select items off the menu.
- Checking on guests to establish satisfaction with product and overall experience, and providing management with feedback.
- Following up on food and beverage orders with back of house (BOH).
- Issuing guests with their check on request, and thanking them sincerely on departure.
- Performing closing duties such as sweeping and vacuuming, and preparing linens for collection by laundry service.
- Collect payments from tables.
- Help food preparation staff when necessary.
- 2 years work experience in a restaurant.
- Diploma in relevant course
- The applicants Should have valid Food Handler's Certificate
- Completion of product knowledge training, and written and verbal exams.
- Proficient with maintaining solid customer base.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Available to work shifts, extended hours, over weekends and holidays.
- Physically fit, agile and dexterous.
- Proficient time-management skills.
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to perform high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
Salary: 15,000 + Tips