Restaurant Waiters/Waitresses Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet and escort customers to their tables
• Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
• Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses
• Inform customers about the day’s specials
• Offer menu recommendations upon request
• Up-sell additional and slow products when appropriate
• Take accurate food and drinks orders.
• Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
• Serve food and drink orders
• Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
• Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
• Deliver checks and collect bill payments
Waiter/Waitress Requirements and Qualifications
• Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress of at least 2 years.
• Diploma/Certificate in or related field.
• Hands-on experience with a cash register and ordering information system is an added advantage
• Basic math skills
• Attentiveness and patience for customers
• Excellent presentation skills and communication skills
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Active listening and effective communication skills
• Team spirit
• Flexibility to work in shifts
Method of Application
Does this sound like you? Then we would like to hear from you. Please send your updated resume.