1. Waiter/Waitress (5)
Duties & Responsibilities
• Do the set-up of the restaurant before and after service as per set brand standards and as directed.
• To report for duty on time and in the manner specified, i.e. well groomed, clean uniform, name tags, and personal appearance etc.
• Check your station at the beginning of every shift, for cleanliness of tables and chairs, proper set-up of salt and pepper, sugar, ashtrays, flowers, lamp, clean cutlery and glassware etc.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
• Develop a complete knowledge the hotel in general and of menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods.
• Be ready to answer any guest questions about the menu in a positive and concise way. Know the use records.
• Practice hospitality and use Up-selling techniques when taking guest’s order.
• Develop a good knowledge of beverages, liquors, and wine service.
• Pick up and present food and beverages according to standard service procedures and/or directed.
• Properly bus the table throughout the meal.
• By dessert, all condiments, dirty dishes and silverware should be cleared, except sugar and appropriate silverware and beverage glasses that are not empty.
• Pay special attention to finer points of service, i.e., replacing ashtrays, water glasses filled, checking back just after serving entrée, keeping proper posture and being personable, but limiting conversation etc.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Follow company and department policies and procedures.
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning check-list.
• Attend daily line-ups or training as required.
• Take orders correctly and ensure efficient service.
• Carry food and beverage trays in a safe manner to minimize breakages
• Present and ensure settlement of bills.
• Promote beverage sales.
• Ensure proper storage and care of operating equipment
• Ensure proper sequence of courses or change in accompaniment is clearly written to assist kitchen in preparation.
• Ensure a comprehensive handover is done to any in-coming shift.
• Ensure any complaint is relayed to the supervisor or the F&B manager.
• Ensure the general cleaning of the restaurant and particularly your station is adhered to at all times.
• Report any malfunction of operating equipment to the supervisor.
• Clean and refill cruet and condiment sets.
• Stock sideboards on stations adequately.
• Ensure posting before production as required.
• Ensure all bills are immediately settled.
• Ensure everything out of the ordinary is reported to your supervisor.
• Any other duties as delegated by your supervisor.
• Should be trained in advanced food and beverage service and sales from any recognized hospitality institution.
• Should have at least two years working experience in F&B service
• Computer literacy
• Friendly, outgoing, well composed, cheerful and enthusiastic
• Engaging personality
• Confident and positive attitude
• Warm and welcoming attitude
• Willingness and eager to learn
• Passionate about service
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English
• Basic knowledge of F&B product and service
OTHER DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES
• Vibrant & bubbly
• Engaging & energetic
• Tall & vivacious
• Quick thinker
• Right attitude and passionate about service
• Smartly groomed
• Up to date with current trends
Salary – Kshs. 26,932 plus service charge