Age requirement: Preferred candidates should be below 33 years of age
Location : Westlands, Nairobi.
Term of Service : 3-months’ probation period, renewable to 1-year contract upon satisfactory performance.
Who are We
Our restaurant is reimagining the concept
of casual dining, our restaurant is located in the heart of Westlands. Our
cuisine offers a fresh and colorful culinary experience reminiscent of the
actual Spring season by our use of fresh ingredients, bold plating and a burst
of flavours. At the heart our restaurant is a modern open concept kitchen
because we believe the kitchen is the core of our cooking and that magic
happens when dining at our restaurant.
We invite you to be a part of this team by submitting your application for the following roles
Main Purpose & Scope of the Job
A Waiter/Waitress is responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests. They play an important role in guest satisfaction as they are also responsible for checking on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
He or she is responsible for provision of Food and Beverage service to guests according to established standards, policies and procedures. Also, provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Prepare all Food and beverage mis-en-place duties prior to service.
• Provide a warm welcome and fond farewell to the guests.
• Greet and seat the guests according to the standards of the restaurant to ensure excellent service.
• Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Possess good knowledge of a different kind of cutlery and crockery.
• Good knowledge in maintaining all type of cutlery and crockery used in the restaurant for food and beverage service.
• Set up the restaurant according to the table plan, cover layout and standards defined by the restaurant's management.
• Make sure all assigned duties prior to service are completed.
• Attend service briefings prior to each meal period.
• Know the restaurant menu and Specials of the day.
• Offer Menu and Wine List and attend to napkins.
• Up-selling whenever appropriate.
• Take and serve Food and Beverage orders.
• Check and clear Waiter’s station during and after service.
• Assist in bringing food from kitchen to the guest ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Handle all guest complaints in a professional manner.
• Clear soiled cutlery and crockery and other operating equipment to designated wash-up/storage area.
• Able to generate the final bill from the POS system and offer to guest settlement.
• To clear and re-set tables according to instructions.
• To clean all soiled linen to the designated area.
• Report any theft or damages to the Head Waiter.
• Report to the Head Waiter before completion of the shift.
• Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and completing financial transactions.
• Print closing report and drop the cash with the front office/accounts department.
• Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report.
• Close the shift at the POS terminal.
• Report for duty punctually, wearing a correct and clean uniform and name badge at all times.
• Have a complete understanding of the Restaurant’s standard operating policies and procedures.
• Participate in staff training and briefings.
• Maintain a good teamwork relationship with colleagues.
• Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
• Assist in clearing, cleaning and set-up of tables, chairs, linens, glass and silver for service in an unobtrusive manner.
• Assist in stocking linens, glass, silver, and food items for service.
• Assist in preparation of smaller items such as toast, soup, or beverages.
• Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
• Adhere to all relevant health department rules/regulations and all customer service guidelines
• Able to carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Diploma in Food & Beverage from a recognized institution.
• Proven previous experience in the similar role in a restaurant
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
• Good time management, planning and organizational skills
• An up-to-date Medical Food Handlers Certificate
• Flexible and able to work for long hours.
• Active Listener, critical thinker and Problem solver
• Great Customer service skills
• Good physique to withstand long standing hours.
• Age bracket should be 33 years and below
How to apply
Interested applicants to send their CVS with the title “WAITER/WAITRESS”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.