To take and serve food and beverage orders to our guests in a clean environment and ensure all guests are promptly attended to, in accordance to Java service standards
- Minimum Qualification: Unspecified
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Employee Name Job Title WAITSTAFF
Payroll Number: Department SERVICE
Reports To Branch Manager. Job Grade
Direct Reports Trainee wait staff.
Summary of work environment
Responsible for ensuring excellent food and beverage service delivery to our customers in a clean and safe environment.
Primary Purpose and Scope the Job (Job Role)-
To take and serve food and beverage orders to our guests in a clean environment and ensure all guests are promptly attended to, in accordance to Java service standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Presenting a variety of menu options and take lead on suggestive selling based on customer preferences.
• Assist the guest navigate through the menu comfortably.
• Taking orders and delivering them to the table neatly and accurately in accordance to the ticket specification.
• Present bills on time and accept payment.
Key Result Areas/ Key Performance Indicators (5-6 areas)
• Meet, greet and sit guests in a timely manner.
• Taking food and beverage orders from customers and ensure prompt service delivery.
• Cleaning, clearing and organizing table condiments.
• Presenting bills and give back correct change to the guest within the shortest time possible.
• Assist guests on easy menu navigation
• Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance to cleanliness standards
• Check the quality of the final servings and resolve any issues accordingly based on recommended food and beverage standards.
• Proper utilization of company resources.
• Ensure accurate stock take.
• Communication-attend shift briefings, communicate cautiously to the guest
• Ensure necessary orders for proper mis-en place are given to the manager for ordering.
Performance Indicators (3-5 indicators)
• Food safety
• Sales per person
• Station management
• Ability to work under pressure and long hours
• Ability to up sell and inform our guest on new menu product
• Must be a team player
• Must be customer-oriented
• Must have proper planning skills
• Must have Point Of Sale skills
• Should have inter-personal skills
• Flexible and accommodative
• Must be result oriented, self-driven, articulate and pro-active.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Should have a sound menu and product knowledge.
• Should have a KCSE certificate mean grade of c plain
• Should have been in the company for at least six months or have equivalent skills from a food and beverage set up.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good Listener
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent customer care skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to new environment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.