Employer: A leading international logistics and freight forwarders company
Ref No: SGK-W&LM-04-2021
Job Category: MANAGEMENT
Salary: KSHS. 500,000 - 600,000 PLUS GENEROUS COMPANY BENEFITS
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Management or Related Field. Training in WMS Is Necessary.
Experience: Must have at least 10 years working experience at supervisory/management level dealing with logistics planning and management, warehouse management and stock inventory management in a busy logistics and warehousing company.
OTHER MAIN ROLES INCLUDES: -
- Handle technical details relating to inbound freight clearance and consignment receptions, such as customs regulations and any necessary documentation.
- act as the key contact with all the freight to ensure a smooth logistics process both domestic and international operations.
- to efficiently evaluate the costs of transportation, services and inventory within any budget or distribution strategy.
- with knowledge of national and international import/export legislation must be able to foresee and effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in the logistics operations.
- build relationships with logistics service providers and work closely with the key stakeholders to ensure the protection of freight in transportation.
- coordination and organization is key for the success of the operations – any changes to operating procedures, prioritization or any problems must be documented and communicated accurately.
- oversee inbound shipments and distribution activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipment.
- develop processes and procedures that ensures all logistics operations are operating in a lean and efficient manner.
- develop methods and procedures for movement of raw materials to processing and production areas and transportation of products from departments to customers, warehouses, or other storage facilities.
- provide and receive accurate information aligning with the commercial, production and service managers for building a concise material requirements plan. Being able to analyze the critical components in warehouse foreseeing the material provision.
- establish physical operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- complies with the local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- controls inventory levels by supervising physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees: following up on work results.
- maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees: planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- directly supervises 2-3 employees that will be growing in the warehouse and logistics department.
- consistently communicate with the quality department & production department to make them aware of priorities, targets, and operational requirements.
- ensure effective warehouse and inventory operations by implementing the sops.
- assist the executive team in ensuring effective relationships with customer businesses through maintaining an appropriate interview between the warehouse, suppliers, and customers