Our organization is well known for its service value proposition for quality goods at a fair price. Your one stop shop for all your construction needs, specializing in importation, sourcing and distribution of quality steel, cement and building materials.
Our customer centrism is driven by meticulous research, understanding of various solutions with a customer centric focus to provide the highest quality value proposition to the customer all in one roof.
Job Title Warehouse Supervisor, Woodwork
Reports To Sales Manager
Job Level Supervisor (Team Lead)
The role will be in charge of our woodwork warehouse. The warehouse provides interior fixtures and fittings in our customers development projects ensuring they are able to complete their projects all in one roof.
The solutions will include and are not restricted to wardrobes, kitchen cabinets, TV cabinets and wall units and any other fixtures as specified by our valued customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collects daily workplans (Dispatch instructions) from the Head of Department and other business leaders and accordingly prepares the deliveries and the relevant loading records.
• Uses the workplans received to plan, lay out and supervise the wood work to ensure all technical requirements are met through verbal instructions, detailed drawing or by hands on instruction.
• Assigns team to work details, inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure that it meets required standards; inspects items reported to be in need of repair to lay out a work plan and will from time to time be asked to estimates time, materials, and costs for work to be built, repaired, and refinished.
• Verifies details of all goods received from the Production team reporting into the role.
• Monitors and manages accurate records and reports of all inventories ensuring all stock records are up-to-date at all times.
• Receives all sales orders from the sales team and ensures timely dispatch through effective packing, loading and dispatch. While ensuring that the products dispatched are aligned to the sales reports, are of the right quality and quantity, and that they are promptly dispatched.
• Takes physical stock of all goods from time to time to ensure that they match with system records, and promptly reports any discrepancies to the leadership for appropriate action.
• Prepares daily/weekly/monthly stock reports and accordingly shares them with the operations leadership for appropriate action, highlighting all items whose stock has fallen below the recommended minimum stock levels.
• Supervises and manages the performance of the team reporting to that warehouse. Accordingly supervises their activities as well as attendance and productivity.
• Maintains high standards of housekeeping while ensuring that all items are easily and conveniently retrievable.
• Ensures OSHA policy is enforced at the warehouse and all incidences are reported and appropriate measures taken to ensure correction and compliance. Also ensures all employees are trained on the OSHA policy and stay compliant.
Education: Degree preferably in wood science (preferred but not mandatory).
Experience: Min 5 years’ experience heading a workshop and warehouse with team supervision.
Certification and special requirements: Any wood science related certification is an added advantage especially for those without a wood science degree. (Not mandatory).
Applications to be submitted through the Apply Now Button.