Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (OWSC) is a water and sanitation services provider registered under the Company’s Act Cap 486 of laws of Kenya and operated as an agent of Tanathi Water Services Board. Water services provision are devolved to County Governments under the promulgation of the Constitution 2010 and therefore the Company is wholly owned by County Government of Kajiado and regulated by Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB). OWSC is mandated to supply water in the. Jurisdiction of Kajiado North and West Sub Counties
To strengthen Key Human Resource capacity, we invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates with excellent credentials to fill the following position:
2. WATER TECHNICIAN (4 positions)
Reporting to: Production and Distribution Supervisor (II)
Department: Technical Department
Job Summary: To supervision of water production and distribution in the Company.
Job Grade 5 (II)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation of work plans and budgets. Identify items commonly used for Operations & Maintenance and advice management accordingly, while ensuring the availability of operation and maintenance/ construction water supplies equipment, stores and services.
• Supervise Monitor and Evaluate Operation and Maintenance activities within the water supply unit.
• Preparation and implementation of minor water works construction and rehabilitation of infrastructure
• Identification of service needs and preparation of proposals to Water Services Trust Fund for funding.
• Undertake physical inspection of operational water works fixtures and establishing existing performance.
• Identify and define appropriate performance indicators/ targets to be used for monitoring performance of each personnel assigned under you.
• Determine and design desirable, achievable and sustainable goals for each of the performance indicators.
• Ensure compliance with established reporting procedures.
• Collect operations and maintenance data on weekly and monthly basis, identifying current problems/ constrains of service performance and institute corrective action.
• On a quarterly basis, identify and assess achievement/ shortfall of individual staff and facility based on negotiated and set performance targets, while identifying constrains/ obstacles that hinder attainment of performance targets.
• Propose and execute modifications to strategies and procedures to overcome the identified constrains/ obstacles while identifying capacity building needs for personnel deployed under you.
• Supervise, train and develop all junior staff working under them as well as allocation of duties and distribution of staff.
• Assist in the administration of contracts, including checking on the estimate costs of new water works, assisting in checking the adherence to specifications and standards while ensuring that the project is progressing on schedule.
• Display ability in resource control, interpretation of bills of quantities and knowledge of regulation relating to water services.
• Undertake effective inspection on all meters installed at consumption points to ensure that all meters are in conformity with policies and the guidelines of the Company on distance from premises boundary and relation to ground level.
• To deliberately investigate, inspect to ensure that all service lines within a respective premise are after the meter assembly and thus registering all consumptions and applying corrective measures where breach has been identified.
• To develop and institute a scheduled and effective meter testing regime targeting to test all consumer, zonal and production meters to establish efficacy and execute replacement of faulty meters.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade a candidate must have a Diploma in Civil or Water Engineering with 2 years’ experience
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports/correspondence and speak effectively to employees of the organization
• English proficiency required
Written applications together with the required credentials should be send to:
The Human Resource and Admin Officer
Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Limited
P. 0 BOX 333 - 00206, KISERIAN
Applications should reach the Company Offices located at Isalu Centre Ground Floor at Ongata Rongai along Magadi Road on or before 5th October, 2020 by end of business.
Details of the job descriptions and requirements for appointments are available at our company website: https://www.oloolaiserwatercompany.co.ke/vacancies.html