You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To ensure success as a Website Designer/Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class Website Designer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
Website Designer & Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with clients.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Working with different content management systems.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating themes and plugins.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
Website Designer Developer Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Website Developer and Designer.
- Must be an expert in WORDPRESS.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.