REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
Your job description, duties and responsibilities as the weigh bridge clerk include but not limited to the following:-
a) Always ensure that your team start work with a safety talk
b) Check and ensure that the electrical cables are in the right safe position always before starting work.
c) Report any incident / unsafe acts /defective machine you observe to management.
d) Make sure that the vehicle is correctly positioned and free standing on the weighbridge platform.
e) Inspect the loading to ensure that sacks if used are not in excess of the number authorized for the vehicle and spaced out to occupy the full capacity of each tray in use.
f) Make sure that Weighbridge machine is in good condition and correctly zeroed before each and every weighment
g) Carry out the correct weighment procedure as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures document.
h) Ensure that the weighbridge is correctly zeroed for the tare weighment.
i) Carry out correct tare weighment.
j) Calculate and enter NET weight on the weighbridge ticket.
k) Keep a record of vehicle arrival and departures and report any offloading delays to management.
l) Monitor field to factory transport times and report any transport delays to management.
m) Maintain any other record required by management.
n) Keep the weighbridge and weighbridge station clean at all times. Weigh, record and dispose off any waste generated in the waste bins provided.
o) Ensure at all times that no foodstuffs are prepared or consumed in this section as this may be a source of product contamination.
p) Report any erroneous entry to the manager and have a record for the same.
q) Keep records of all solid waste weighed and fill the environment return sheet.
r) Carry out any other assignments that may be given to you by management from time to time.
Personal Attributes, Behavior and Abilities
The employee must continuously demonstrate the following attributes, behaviours and abilities:-
• Commitment to the ideals of the Company, notably to its role in processing and marketing teas in international standards;
• Understanding of the Company’s organization structure and administration and manufacturing processes;
• Personal integrity, vibrant energy, flexibility, good judgment and creativity;
• High level of attention to detail in your job;
• Readiness to adopt an open and flexible working culture without constant supervision i.e. adherence to values of timekeeping, time management collegiality, mutual respect, etc.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hour;s
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and in particular the respect of other colleagues and customers;
• A good sense of humour and ability to work under minimal supervision.
Key Performance Indicators
• Accurately weighing of leaf
• Perform leaf count per truck
• Timely generation of reports daily, weekly and monthly
• Communicate appropriately
• Housekeeping and safety
• Controls at the weighbridge