Duties and Responsibilities:
An Officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of an experienced Officer. Specific duties will entail:-
i) Testing and stamping mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring equipment;
ii) Collecting data on verified equipment at traders premises, stamping stations and verification office;
iii) Sampling pre-packaged goods for qualitative analysis;
iv) Preparing testing equipment for inspection and investigation purposes;
v) Preparing weighing and measuring equipment during trade fairs and exhibitions;
vi) Giving evidence in court on cases arising from infringement of the Weights and Measures Act (Cap 513) and Trade Descriptions Act (Cap 505).
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
i) Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:-Physics, Mathematics, Legal Metrology, Information Communication Technology (ICT), or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution.
How to apply:
• Applications should be made online through https://psbkericho.co.ke/vacancies
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution will be required.
• Applicants should submit their online applications attaching copies of National Identity cards/passport, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates on or before 12th August, 2020.
• Kericho County residents should indicate their respective wards and locations.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County website
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: County Government of Kericho is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disability and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. W
Warning: Be aware of Fraudsters.
The County Government of Kericho does not charge any fees for purposes of processing their applications.
Incase of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.