Text Book Centre (TBC) is East and Central Africa's largest Educational, Cultural and Technological Content and Products Distributor. The Company has grown tremendously over the years to become the leading bookstore chain in Kenya and around the region.
The position will be responsible for providing leadership to the wholesale sales channel through the development and oversight of strategy to meet revenue and profitability targets.
1. Develop and lead implementation of the wholesale sales strategy that is aligned to the overall commercial strategy.
2. Develop a wholesale sales budget, monitor progress and evaluate performance to ensure cost to serve targets is maintained.
3. Own the sales plan, develop sales forecasts and related targets for the channel, cascade the targets to the team and monitor performance.
4. Establish and implement wholesale sales goals, work plans, operating procedures, processes and systems in line with commercial plans.
5. Manage relationships with key wholesale clients and prospects by making periodic visits, exploring need for new or improved products and using this information to enhance sales plans.
6. Monitor competitor activity and use this information to inform sales growth plans.
7. Work with the Head of Commercial to develop a retention strategy for all existing TBC wholesale clients;
8. Lead sales operations initiatives within the channel to ensure to ensure provision of proper post/after sales support and services to clients.
9. Collaborate with cross functional teams including marketing and category management to develop and implement plans effective for enhancing both product, marketing and sales performance.
10. Lead in maintaining a healthy revenue/cash flow in the company by enforcing active collections by the wholesale sales teams as per the set down procedures and sales processes;
11. Analyze the channel statistics to determine business growth potential; research to gather information and insight regarding market/consumer trends, potential leads, and sales opportunities.
12. Prepare periodic reports on channel performance and other KPI progress reports.
13. Lead and manage the wholesale team. Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified staff.
14. Develop and maintain a culture of ethical behavior and ensure adherence of the team to the Company’s Code of Business Conduct.
• Bachelors’ degree in business related field.
• At least seven (7) years’ wholesale sales experience, three (3) years of which must be in a managerial level.
• Prior experience of delivering client-focused solutions with a comprehensive understanding of wholesale sales dynamics.
• A relationship builder with impeccable sales and negotiation skills.
• Proactive, self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Confident and decisive decision maker with the ability to positively influence others.
• Competitive and charmingly persistent in nature with ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
• Strong sense of urgency to meet schedules, deadlines, quotas and performance goals.
• Responsive and flexible with a strong commitment to customer service.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong team leadership, people management and supervisory skills with ability to build high performing teams.
• Have a high sense of accuracy, attention for detail and with good analytical ability.
• Business acumen with ability to make sound decisions for the business.
• Good numeracy, problem analysis and reporting skills.