REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
Your job description, duties and responsibilities as the Withering Supervisor include but not limited to the following:-
a) manage receipt of green leaf, spreading of the green leaf for wither and ensures that leaf withers in the right temperature and within the required time;
b) Constant liaison with the boiler personnel to ensure good standard of moisture is achieved.
c) Allocate work on day to day basis and supervise staff at the withering section;;
d) Ensure that prompt and timely offloading of delivered green leaf;
e) Ensure that all systems within withering section are in good and working condition;
f) Team leader of the withering section health and safety committee and ensures implementation of the health and safety policy as required;
g) Make periodical reports to the management on all the operations and activities of the withering section;
h) Undertake periodical appraisals for the withering section staff and
i) Any other duty as may be assigned by the Factory from time to time.
Personal Attributes, Behavior and Abilities
The employee must continuously demonstrate the following attributes, behaviuors and abilities:-
• Commitment to the ideals of the Company, notably to its role in processing and marketing teas in international standards;
• Understanding of the Company’s organization structure and administration and manufacturing processes;
• Personal integrity, vibrant energy, flexibility, good judgment and creativity;
• High level of attention to detail in your job;
• Readiness to adopt an open and flexible working culture without constant supervision i.e. adherence to values of timekeeping, time management collegiality, mutual respect, etc.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hour;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and in particular the respect of other colleagues and customers;
• A good sense of humor and ability to work under minimal supervision.
Key Performance Indicators
• Receive, allocate leaf into withering
• Record keeping-withering, discharge, rejections
• Plan and allocate resources-labor and utilities
• Appropriate communication
• Controls-spillages, access, hygiene and procedures
• Managing all health and safety in withering