Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for leading and organizing the entire activities to ensure overall quality of the final products and timely release within contractual delivery time.
• Ensuring optimal use of resources labor, materials & machines, in addition, oversee scheduling of administrative functions needed to support workshops operations.
• Manage and focus on project schedules, project risk issues, direct and indirect cost estimates.
• Review the prevailing system, identify the shortfalls and establish/ maintain appropriate system for measuring necessary aspects of production management and improvement.
• Ensure strict adherence by staff to established safety requirements and maintain compliance.
• Ensures that all established departmental policies, standards, guidelines are reviewed, upgraded and are being followed by all workshop staff.
• The manager is responsible for budgets for the purchase of materials, fixings and fastenings and machine tools to ensure the smooth progression of projects through the workshop.
• Direct activities in areas of safety and personnel and ensures compliance with Safety and Quality requirements.
• Oversee general operations of the workshop developing strategies that will improve efficiency, quality and cut cost
• Establish and maintain workshop production goals and objectives to deliver on business strategy
• Accountable for the custody and maintenance of material records.
• Manage workshop attendance and discipline staff ensuring all necessary documentation is well kept.
• Review, monitor, coach and mentor staff in relations to good performance.
• Responsible for the quality of the work carried out and performs incoming and outgoing inspection on all production and assemblies or delegates that work to other supervisors.
• Bachelor/Diploma in Wood Technology
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar field working with latest machinery in a managerial /supervisory role.
• Computer literate; Good working knowledge and experience in Production Planning Systems, ERP’s and Microsoft IT skills.