JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE:
Manage and lead the team in allocation of workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop. Provide leadership and supervision for reporting staff to meet Company deliverables. Client visitation on a weekly basis. Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day to day activities of the Workshop, controlling the quality of repairs, implementation of health and safety standards, and performance appraisal of workshop team.
Ensure equipment and machinery in the field are promptly repaired and serviced. Ensure all workshop and yard tasking operations are undertaken in a safe, efficient, cost effective and professional manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee workshop operations.
• Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns.
• Plan and organise Preventive Maintenance System
• Identify client’s needs and explain / demonstrate Achelis services to them which may involve technical descriptions of services.
• To ensure that service and productivity are maintained in accordance with work schedules
• Responsible for customer service, reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that they require from the Workshop
• Supervise and follow up on actual progress of each individual repair job
• Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for workshop and yard health and safety compliance.
• Research and advice; forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special job or for stocks replenishment through Parts Manager.
• Management of day to day troubleshooting decisions and actions within area of responsibility.
• Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and apprentices.
• Manage the maintenance of workshop facilities and fixed equipment.
• Manage and coordinate the safety and compliance of subcontractors engaged to operate within the workshop and yard.
• Investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from repairs and maintenance carried out and suggest appropriate solutions.
• Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information.
• Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure HR is informed of the same.
• Responsible for the pre-preparation activities of the crane technical inspection.
• Assists with interviewing and conducts hands-on testing of technical applicants.
• Any other duties assigned by management.
• Technical/ Engineering background
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Automotive
• 5 years’ experience – 3 years’ supervisory/managerial level
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Computer skills