Reporting Manager: Managing Director
- Education: A diploma in Automotive engineering/mechanical engineering
- Relevant Previous Experience: 7 years of experience in workshop department of a transport company and at least 3 years of experience as a manager
- Business Understanding: Should understand
- Maintaining vehicles to comply with the traffic act CAP 243.
- To ensure that the stores meet the workshop requirements by having adequate stock level
- Managing a team of skilled labour workforce of at least 50people
- General maintenance of vehicles and maintenance costs
CRITICAL NON-NEGOTIABLE ATTRIBUTES
- 5 years’ experience as a Workshop Manager
- Must have worked on heavy vehicles in a busy workshop managing not less than 100 vehicles
- Advanced technology experience for buses would be added advantage
- Should be able to use the latest diagnostics equipment
- Should be able to read technical bulletins and interpret to the workshop team.
- Should be able to analyse data and make decisions based on that.
- Predictive techniques
- Proficiency in MS Office tools- word, excel and power point
- Reading of Technical Manuals
- Data Analysis
- Good communication skills
- Delegation and control
- Planning and Organization
- People Management
Team (roles that report into this position)
- Electricians, Mechanics, Panel Beaters, Pump Attendant, Stores Supervisor, Tyre Supervisor, Tyre Man, Diesel Supervisor, Workshop Supervisor, Panel Beating Supervisor
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day-to-day operations while providing them with instructions and directions and
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs
- Receive and review feedback from internal customers (Bus, Truck and Courier teams) and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the procurement team to investigate internal customer complaints and concerns arising from fleet maintenance and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Perform, monitor and report the quality checks on spares purchased and used
- Ensure that necessary tools and consumables are in stock, workshop is kept tidy and the equipment and tools are in good condition
- Maintain health and safety standards to provide a safe working environment
- Ensure the time-based maintenance schedule and preventive maintenance schedule is in place and with proper records and adhered to, monitor discrepancies
- Ensure analysis is done for breakdowns and counter measures are put in place and communicated to the relevant departments and employees.
- Provide training, mentoring and supervision to ensure high performance and skill upgradation.
- Monitor and report maintenance cost for the fleet, Controlling and monitoring the data on tyres, fuel, and spare parts of the fleet.
- Ensure immediate response in shortest time possible during breakdowns/accidents/incidents.
- Ensure all vehicles leaving the workshop are road ready as per the check list.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to workshop activities.