S-Line Motors Ltd is a Volkswagen Group Brands’ Specialized Automotive Garage in Uganda and rest of East Africa that is devotedly setting itself at the helm of the Automotive Industry. We have exciting job opportunities for enthusiastic persons to join our core team and gain experience in a thriving and technologically advancing automotive industry.
POSITION: Workshop Supervisor (1) (Full time)
Brief Roles and Responsibilities:
• Shall be the head of technical department and also head the Quality control process to ensure quality assurance upon repairs/service.
• Responsible for the day to day safe and efficient running of the workshop.
• Planning, monitoring and supervising work within the workshop.
• Managing stock levels within the workshops spares department.
• Report on workloads, participating in project reviews and giving advice to service advisors and team leaders.
• Create training modules for technicians and organize them according to strength and objectives for the day.
• Responsible for budgets for the purchase of materials for workshop.
• Liaise with customers and diagnose customer concerns with equipment prior to being booked in for service and/or repair.
• Prepare, supervise and control workshop activities, including the scheduling of work in the service department.
• Assist all Technicians and Apprentice Technicians in the diagnosis of mechanical problems;
• Ensure that Technicians are using their time effectively and efficiently;
• Upon completion of normal repairs and/or service inspect and test machinery with the Technician who completed the job to ensure the equipment has been repaired and/or serviced in accordance with the customer's instructions and manufacturers guidelines;
• Ensure customers receive the best quality service by requiring that all jobs are completed correctly the first time.
• Ensure all customer equipment/machinery is presented back to the customer in a clean and presentable standard;
• Check and inspect that all tools are available and maintained in the correct place and that all equipment is in suitable working condition;
• Control and set workshop behavioural standards;
• Maintain staff morale;
• Advise all new and existing staff of Dealership policies and procedures and adherence to these policies and procedures;
• Set a regular workshop cleaning schedule highlighting employees’ specific duties;
• Make suggestions to management for improvements to the Mechanical Service Department's operations;
• Maintain a well trained workforce and supervise in-house training as required;
• Ensure the development and progress of all apprentices;
• Assist toward keeping the workshop area clear and clean, orderly and attractive in appearance;
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management in a professional and efficient manner
• Assist in the coordinating after hours call outs and the weekly on call roster.
• Spares quality and brand analysis to give the necessary recommendations to spares department on which brands to purchase and from which suppliers
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma or Bachelors’ degree in in Automotive Engineering.
• Post graduate training /qualifications in management is a big advantage.
• At least five (3) years’ experience as an automotive/ mechanical supervisory role in a reputable organization.
• Supervisory experience, good leadership, motivation and team building skills are essential.
• Must be very fluent in English both spoken and written and knowledge in Kiswahili language is an added advantage.
• Must possess adequate computer usage skills with advanced knowledge in use of HRM systems and Microsoft office packages.
• Must be aged between 35 to 45 years preferably.
• Must be fast-paced and with an excellent communication skill.
• Nationals within the East African Community preferred.
• Closing date for all applications is: Tuesday, 6th November 2020 by 5.30 pm.
• A detailed CV including an application letter and verified certificates should be submitted to the address below.
• Three (3) References are required. Independent reference checks will be carried out.
• Successful candidates should be willing to relocate to Uganda
• DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT AS ONE PDF FILE. Those who do the contrary shall be automatically disqualified
Remember only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please be alert!