Responsible for providing a wide range of legal services to ATI
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Reporting directly to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, the Young Professional Legal Officer in liaison with the Legal Department during the 12 months training, will be responsible for providing a wide range of legal services to ATI including but not limited to the following duties:
- Assist in the negotiation, drafting, vetting and interpretation of legal documents, agreements, treaties and conventions including but not limited to: the ATI Treaty and Articles of Association,, Participation Agreements with Member States, operational manuals, memoranda of understanding with partners, insurance contracts, and re-insurance agreements for and on behalf of ATI;
- Assist in providing legal and technical advice to the Underwriting Department in drafting and negotiating proposed insurance policy wordings, insurance offer letters, loan agreements/documentation and other associated documents; and
- Assist the underwriters in providing advice on legal implications of all insurance contracts and underlying commercial transactions;
- Assist current and prospective Member States in drafting, negotiating and concluding various agreements with ATI and donors including (but not limited to) the World Bank and the African Development Bank;
- Assist in liaising and coordinating with legal departments of member states, development financial institutions and other key partners;
- Assist in interpreting issues related to staff contracts, Partnership Agreements and all other contracts to which ATI is a party;
- Undertake research work in the area of law reform and development;
- Assist the Human Resources Department in managing legal aspects related to staff and employment issues;
- Assist in liaising and coordinating with ATI’s external legal advisors;
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant laws of ATI member countries;
- Assist in claims handling and determination; and
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Skills
- Be a citizen of a member country of ATI
- Be 35 years of age or younger by December 2022
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in law that is relevant to the business of ATI, with outstanding academic credentials
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in law that is relevant to the business of ATI, with outstanding academic credentials
- Be a practicing lawyer in a jurisdiction applying common English law or French law or both
- Have practical knowledge in insurance or banking or international public law
- Have at least a minimum of three (3) years of relevant full time professional experience in the areas that are relevant to the business of ATI.
- Demonstrable passion for Africa’s Development and Regional Integration
- Possess strong analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Be proficient in ATI’s working languages, English and French. For this position, a native French speaking candidate is a preference.
The above positions will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The role descriptions and fuller details of the duties are hyperlinked on each of the roles above.
Qualifications, Experience and other Attributes
The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications and attributes as indicated in the job description for each position. All applications must be in English.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy of the following:
- Application Letter;
- CV, plus details of your current remuneration package if applicable along with details of three referees; and
- Personal History Form accessed via the following link:https://bean-space.tk/ati/download-docs/Personal-History-Form.xls
Submit your application to email@example.com indicating the position applied for as the subject of your email.
The closing date is Friday, 30 September 2022 at Midnight Nairobi time.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured