Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
The Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has several research projects related to HIV prevention and reproductive health. It runs support groups for PLWHA and Key Populations, and is working with the Ministry of Health to scale up male circumcision for HIV prevention.
NRHS is undertaking research to assess HIV prevention, treatment and care among a key population group in Kisumu.
The specific study activities include support counselling, alcohol and drug abuse counselling, HIV testing and counselling, care and treatment, behavioural assessments and promotion of adherence to treatment.
NRHS seeks highly a qualified candidate for the following position in the Anza Mapema study.
Job Title: Psychological Counsellor
Reporting To: Project Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide counselling on HIV risk-reduction behaviour.
- Provide general psychosocial counselling
- Provide alcohol and drug abuse counselling and support
- Coordinate support group meetings for HIV negative and positive individuals.
- Administer consent to eligible study participants.
- Offer on-going counselling to clients.
Qualifications and Competencies
• A minimum diploma in psychological counselling from a recognized institution
• Experience / certification in psychological counselling, counselling for alcohol and drug addiction and counselling for sexual violence
• Experience in counselling persons suffering from stigma, discrimination or human rights violations
• Research experience, including consenting study participants and administering questionnaires
• Experience and interest in evaluating and counselling key populations
• Experience in HIV voluntary counselling and testing - NASCOP certified
Applications should include:
• Cover letter detailing current work, prior experience and qualifications including the areas described above, telephone and e-mail contact
• Current CV
• Names, telephone and e-mail contacts of at least 3 professional referees
How to Apply
Apply email to email@example.com with the la, title "Psychological Counsellor" on the subject line. Applications submitted on or before 20th January, 2017.