Kisumu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in their respective Departments as listed below:
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Note: The positions of Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of Three (3) years renewable based on successful performance.
For details on the above advertised positions and how to apply, applicants are asked to visit our website www.kisumu.go.ke.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th December 2022 at 4.00 pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Applicants holding foreign Degrees Should have them authenticated by The Commission for Higher Education (CHE) or Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted applicants should ensure that their academic and professional certificates are certified by the Issuing Institutions to the Board.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the youth and
persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
VACANCIES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER, ENVIRONMENT, NATURAL RESOURCES & CLIMATE CHANGE.
DIRECTOR WATER AND NATURAL RESOURCES ~ KSM/CPSB/15/11/2022.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Organization , direction , control and coordination of the functions of the Department;
• Assist in providing technical and management guidance in all aspects of water resources management;
• Provide technical guidance in performing design work and scientific calculation on water projects and programmes;
• Interpretation of design drawing and specification and calculation in regard to water projects and programmes;
• Plans and direct construction, maintenance and operation of water resources and supplies system;
• Assess, design and oversee construction of water projects and distribution of water systems;
• Preparation annual work plans and financial budget for the Department;
• Promote and maintain working relation with relevant government Department;
• Interpretation and application of water resource management laws and other related statutes in line with the county goals and objectives;
• Assist in the development of appropriate County water policies legal and institutional framework for the implementation of mandate of the Ministry;
• Ensuring strict compliance with all financial budget and procurement procedure;
• Perform other relevant duties that may be assign from time to time;
Requirement for appointment: -
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Bachelor of Science degree from recognized university in any the following discipline: water and irrigation, water engineering, civil engineering, agricultural engineering, water and soil engineering or related field;
• Attended a strategic leadership development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and
• implementation of environmental management services.
• Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in water resource management of not less than seven (7), three (3) years of which should be at a senior
• managerial position in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
• Have relevant knowledge, experiences and a distinguished career of not less than ten (10) years;
• Should be registered with relevant body;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured