Salary Gross -30,000
Hours Full Time, 40 hours
I. GENERAL MISSION
The Social Worker reports to the Glad’s House Head of Programmes and Director
The Social Worker works with girls and young women living and working in the streets and any other necessary area in Mombasa County.
Key Duties include:
• To deliver group session across the streets
• To deliver one to one sessions with girls and young women to develop and implement care plans.
• To liaise with necessary partners, family and other stakeholders to implement individuals care plan
• To collect data on Individual Cases
• To monitor trends in arrest, detention and sentences for girls and young women living and/or working on the streets
II. RESPONSIBILITIES (OVERALL AND SPECIFIC)
• To follow the policies and procedure of Glad’s House Kenya at all times and to be an active contributor to reviews of such.
• To be responsible for the documentation and reporting for the Department
• To keep accurate, up to date records on each child and young person with regards to;
o Care Plans
o Risk Assessments
• To comply with Glad’s House financial procedure and maintain high standards of accountability in the expense of funds (due- time return of receipts etc.)
• To prepare individual weekly and monthly work plans
• To compile monthly activity reports for the Director and any other reporting required by Glad’s House
• To liaise with partner organisations in regards to managing and developing existing partnerships
• To develop new partnerships that will benefit Glad’s House work
• To perform any other duties requested by the Head of Programmes and the Director
III. JOB CHARACTERISTICS
Constraints: Flexibility, Field work in unsafe/ poor environment
Travels : local travel within and outside Mombasa
Participation in meetings: Weekly Case Management meeting, Weekly staffs operational meetings (Quarterly targets work plans etc.) and any meetings requested by the management.
Specific days and working time: Mondays to Fridays 8 am – 5 pm
Social Workers schedule are subject to change to adapt to specific field requirements and overtime work may be required.